Iron City To Brew Last Batch In Lawrenceville
tomkanpa
2009-06-22 12:47:37 UTC
Updated: 8:22 am EDT June 22, 2009

PITTSBURGH -- Iron City Brewing Co. will brew its last batch of beer
in its Lawrenceville facility this week.

The company is moving its brewing operations to the former Rolling
Rock brewery in Latrobe.
Company officials said the Pittsburgh facility needs to be modernized.
They said sales are too low and costs at the Pittsburgh plant are too
high to be profitable.

Officials said relocating to Latrobe will cost $20,000 to $30,000, as
opposed to fixing the original building, which would cost up to $15
million.

Once the 148-year-old company makes the move to Latrobe, the Liberty
Avenue facility will become a storage warehouse.

Iron City Brewing Co.'s brands are iconic in the Western Pennsylvania
region, and its core products -- Iron City Beer, IC Light and
Augustiner Amber Lager -- are sold throughout the country.
GregS
2009-06-22 19:08:08 UTC
Post by tomkanpa
[...]
I kinda like Iron City draft or bottles. I don't buy it
cause it cost more than the other imported
stuff like Genesee Cream Ale or Milwaukee's Best.

I also suggested to them they make the cans and
bottles "pretty" or half decent looking.
Maybe they should start putting it in little
green bottles.

greg