Karl Strauss
lick-a-plate
2009-11-16 05:11:28 UTC
San Diego just wrapped up it's 1st annual beer week and it was a hug
success! I just posted in my blog about a Karl Strauss beer dinne
that we had - amazing! I'm very into craft beer and food pairing
right now and this did not let me down. The greatest surprise was th
dessert. Who knew that beer could be paired with a dessert!

'lick-a-plate: Celebration of Beer Week (Part 1 of 2) - Karl Strauss
(http://tinyurl.com/yjdfdxf)

Je

lick-a-plate
Bill Becker
2009-11-28 15:15:40 UTC
On Nov 15, 10:11 pm, lick-a-plate <lick-a-plate.
San Diego just wrapped up it's 1st annual beer week and it was a huge
success!  I just posted in my blog about a Karl Strauss beer dinner
that we had - amazing!  I'm very into craft beer and food pairings
right now and this did not let me down.  The greatest surprise was the
dessert.  Who knew that beer could be paired with a dessert!
'lick-a-plate: Celebration of Beer Week (Part 1 of 2) - Karl Strauss'
(http://tinyurl.com/yjdfdxf)
Jen
--
lick-a-plate
I had a Karl Strauss Big Barrel Double IPA yesterday and it was
delicious!
Miles Bader
2009-11-29 06:33:34 UTC
Post by Bill Becker
I had a Karl Strauss Big Barrel Double IPA yesterday and it was
delicious!
What's with the double-IPA fad these days anyway?! It seems like every
time someone gets a new beer in around here, it's a double-IPA....

I don't like them 'cause I _like_ the taste of a good IPA, but with a
double-IPA, can only drink half the beer for a given amount of
inebriation.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra. Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come. --Nietzsche
davidwine
2009-12-21 04:49:26 UTC
The double, triple, imperials...are a sign of the times. Its just bee
this line that keeps pushing forward. All things do change however.
Session Ales are making a comeback. Thats lower alcohol beers that yo
dont mind filling your pint a few times over a session. For now though
I encourage you to ride the wave while its still here

davidwine
Miles Bader
2009-12-21 21:53:14 UTC
Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...

-Miles
--
Abstainer, n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure. A total abstainer is one who abstains from everything but
abstention, and especially from inactivity in the affairs of others.
Joel
2009-12-22 13:40:03 UTC
Post by Miles Bader
Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...
On the other hand, think of it as a more intense pleasure.
What would you rather do, eat a whole box of Hostess Ho-de-doh's,
or a small portion of Death By Chocolate? A loaf of Wonder Bread
with mayo or one nice thick piece of fresh-baked whole-grain
bread with freshly churned butter?
--
Joel Plutchak

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke
Miles Bader
2009-12-27 16:49:38 UTC
Post by Joel
Post by Miles Bader
Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...
On the other hand, think of it as a more intense pleasure.
What would you rather do, eat a whole box of Hostess Ho-de-doh's,
or a small portion of Death By Chocolate? A loaf of Wonder Bread
with mayo or one nice thick piece of fresh-baked whole-grain
bread with freshly churned butter?
High alcohol seems to have no correlation with intense or stronger
flavor though; many of these high-alcohol beers actually taste _worse_
than their more modest brethren.

-Miles
--
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a
single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
Joris Pattyn
2009-12-27 17:49:35 UTC
Post by Miles Bader
Post by Joel
Post by Miles Bader
Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...
On the other hand, think of it as a more intense pleasure.
What would you rather do, eat a whole box of Hostess Ho-de-doh's,
or a small portion of Death By Chocolate? A loaf of Wonder Bread
with mayo or one nice thick piece of fresh-baked whole-grain
bread with freshly churned butter?
High alcohol seems to have no correlation with intense or stronger
flavor though; many of these high-alcohol beers actually taste _worse_
than their more modest brethren.
Oooops. Well-known fact that alcohol is a taste carrier... One of the
multiple problems with nablabs...
Nels Satterlund
2010-05-09 23:16:09 UTC
Post by Joris Pattyn
Post by Miles Bader
Post by Joel
Post by Miles Bader
Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...
On the other hand, think of it as a more intense pleasure.
What would you rather do, eat a whole box of Hostess Ho-de-doh's,
or a small portion of Death By Chocolate? A loaf of Wonder Bread
with mayo or one nice thick piece of fresh-baked whole-grain
bread with freshly churned butter?
High alcohol seems to have no correlation with intense or stronger
flavor though; many of these high-alcohol beers actually taste _worse_
than their more modest brethren.
Oooops. Well-known fact that alcohol is a taste carrier... One of the
multiple problems with nablabs...
Well about half a year slow but have you tried Levitation by Stone
brewing, 4.5% but still flavorful

Nels
--
Nels E Satterlund I don't speak for the company
***@Starstream.net <-- Use this address please,