steam whistle brewing,toronto
martyn dawe
2009-02-02 03:14:18 UTC
I have been told they have a railway Locomotive, is this true
Zeppo
2009-02-03 13:41:42 UTC
Post by martyn dawe
I have been told they have a railway Locomotive, is this true
I don't see anything on their web site about it. I would think they would
play that up.

Jon
sybil@steamwhis
2009-02-04 17:19:25 UTC
I have been told they have a railway Locomotive, is this true-
I don't see anything on their web site about it. I would think the
would
play that up.
Jon
Hi there - I work at Steam Whistle and until the fall of 2007 we di
have a locomotive on site. Canadian Pacific Engine #7069 was restore
by Steam Whistle Brewing and the engine’s owners, Don and Doug Lister
and became an interactive stop on the brewery’s tour. After learnin
about its role in rail history, participants have the opportunity t
operate 7069’s bell and warning horn.

In August 2007 a 50-Ton Diesel-Electric Whitcomb Switcher was delivere
to the John Street Roundhouse and its proud “No. 1” marks this engine a
the first to be specifically acquired for operation at th
future-planned Toronto Railway Heritage Centre, next door to Stea
Whistle, within the Roundhouse. The Whitcomb Switcher has enough powe
to move the largest locomotive in the collection, the giant Canadia
National Railway steam locomotive No. 6213. This switcher has bee
used to move all of the rail rolling stock out of the Roundhouse whil
restoration and renovations are done to the interior which wil
eventually house the Rail Heritage Centre and a furniture retailer
slated to open sometime during the summer of 2009. Currently all of th
locomotives and rail cars are sitting out in Roundhouse park, feet fro
Steam Whistle's doors, but are covered in large tarps to protect the
from the elements until the rolling stock are restored and painted
Once this work is complete, Steam Whistle will resume sharing thi
information and experience on our tours again

--
***@steamwhis