Four Loko Is Back!
Sqwertz
2011-01-11 03:39:48 UTC
I was the first one to buy some at the grocery store when the rep was
there stocking the shelves.

I'm so proud of myself.

I have no idea how they taste, though. Update next week.

-sw
k***@lycos.com
2011-01-11 12:21:25 UTC
Who wouldn't be? That is quite an achievement - cash or charge?
zek
2011-01-11 16:37:29 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
I was the first one to buy some at the grocery store when the rep was
there stocking the shelves.
I'm so proud of myself.
Who wouldn't be?  That is quite an achievement - cash or charge?
So if..... Note: The author of this message requested that it not be
archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jan 17,
10:39 pm).

Does that mean the thread goes away forever ????

That's not nice. I have been posting for 16 years without deleting
anything of my own.
I'm using Google for now cause my provider stopped Usenet, and I will
return to
a decent provider. I am also clicking like made at the one click
"report as spam"
they have. No reader has that feature that i know of !!

What else is new in Pittsburgh,,,,, Its back....Duquesne

Crazy commercial
http://duquesnebeer.com/

greg
Sqwertz
2011-01-11 19:18:45 UTC
Post by zek
Post by Sqwertz
I was the first one to buy some at the grocery store when the rep was
there stocking the shelves.
I'm so proud of myself.
Who wouldn't be?  That is quite an achievement - cash or charge?
So if..... Note: The author of this message requested that it not be
archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jan 17,
10:39 pm).
Does that mean the thread goes away forever ????
No, just you do.
Post by zek
That's not nice. I have been posting for 16 years without deleting
anything of my own.
Couldn't figure out how, eh?
Post by zek
I'm using Google for now cause my provider stopped Usenet, and I will
return to
a decent provider. I am also clicking like made at the one click
"report as spam"
they have. No reader has that feature that i know of !!
Not too bright, are you.
Post by zek
What else is new in Pittsburgh,,,,, Its back....Duquesne
Crazy commercial
http://duquesnebeer.com/
And you think *my* message is spam? Fucking moron.

-sw (From Pittsburgh - 15237)
Bruce Weaver
2011-01-11 21:22:40 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
What else is new in Pittsburgh,,,,, Its back....Duquesne
Crazy commercial
http://duquesnebeer.com/
And you think *my* message is spam?  Fucking moron.
-sw (From Pittsburgh - 15237)
What's with all the hostility, Sqwertz? Zek was not saying anything
inflammatory, as far as I could see. And how did you reach the
conclusion that he was calling your post spam? If he thought it was
spam, why would he say it's not nice to delete it? What he was
getting at, I think, is that not deleting one's own posts is just good
netiquette (at least for us old usenet types).

Zek, to answer your question, the original post will disappear; but
archive. So when someone quotes the original post in a response, it
remains in the archive anyway. ;-)

Re dealing with spam in Google Groups, I've been using a GreaseMonkey
kill-file script for a while with pretty good success. But when we
move to the new Google Groups in a few days, it will no longer work,
and I'll have to see what else I can find.

HTH.
zek
We all know Squerts
Joel
2011-01-14 14:12:01 UTC
Post by zek
We all know Squerts
I don't. Well, there was that morning after eating vindaloo at
a dodgy take-away...
zek
2011-01-14 14:10:15 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
[...]
To deal with spam I go direct as possible to the spammers and Google.
I don't deal with it passively.

And thanks for the clarification.

greg
Sqwertz
2011-01-15 03:11:49 UTC
Post by zek
To deal with spam I go direct as possible to the spammers and Google.
I don't deal with it passively.
Spend a lot of time doing that, do you?

You're wasting your time, you know. They're all just laughing at you.

-sw
zek
2011-01-18 14:38:16 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
To deal with spam I go direct as possible to the spammers and Google.
I don't deal with it passively.
Spend a lot of time doing that, do you?
You're wasting your time, you know.  They're all just laughing at you.
-sw
Well, you will find in life, you will get nowhere by ignoring your
enemies. They get very annoyed when you bitch.

greg
Sqwertz
2011-01-24 05:03:53 UTC
Post by zek
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
To deal with spam I go direct as possible to the spammers and Google.
I don't deal with it passively.
Spend a lot of time doing that, do you?
You're wasting your time, you know.  They're all just laughing at you.
-sw
Well, you will find in life, you will get nowhere by ignoring your
enemies. They get very annoyed when you bitch.
You're not only foolish, you're fucked in the head.

-sw

Sqwertz
2011-01-15 03:10:25 UTC
Post by Bruce Weaver
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
What else is new in Pittsburgh,,,,, Its back....Duquesne
Crazy commercial
http://duquesnebeer.com/
And you think *my* message is spam?  Fucking moron.
-sw (From Pittsburgh - 15237)
What's with all the hostility, Sqwertz? Zek was not saying anything
inflammatory, as far as I could see. And how did you reach the
conclusion that he was calling your post spam? If he thought it was
spam, why would he say it's not nice to delete it? What he was
getting at, I think, is that not deleting one's own posts is just good
netiquette (at least for us old usenet types).
I "delete" my posts from Google. I have no interest in supporting a
Usenet provider that hosts 98% of the spam and idiots found on Usenet.
Why should I make it easier for people to use Google? I don't want
them carrying my posts, period. My posts are not for advertising
purposes, either

There are plenty of Real News Servers out there keeping the last 6-10
years worth of text posts. Use one of them.

Why in the fuck am I even bothering to explain this to a bunch of
idiot Google-users, anyway?

-sw
zek
2011-01-18 14:36:26 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by zek
[...]
I have not looked for other archives. Why should I stay away from the
best and
most complete. When I search for info, I often find what i need to
know in Usenet.
Also, I am using Google server right now until I switch over to
another Usenet
provider. My old standby got shut down Jan 1.

greg