dry counties
martyn dawe
2011-02-24 21:58:35 UTC
are there still parts of the USA which are DRY(no alcohol)>.
T.J. Higgins
2011-02-24 22:24:16 UTC
Post by martyn dawe
are there still parts of the USA which are DRY(no alcohol)>.
Yes.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state>

Dry areas are becoming less and less common as communities find
that their need for revenue outweighs their disdain for alcohol.
--
TJH
tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
martyn dawe
2011-02-28 22:16:45 UTC
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:24:16 -0600,
Post by T.J. Higgins
Post by martyn dawe
are there still parts of the USA which are DRY(no alcohol)>.
Yes.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state>
Dry areas are becoming less and less common as communities find
that their need for revenue outweighs their disdain for alcohol.
is it still illegal to carry alcohol across state lines, I believe
this was more to with protection local tax laws
T.J. Higgins
2011-03-01 15:28:29 UTC
Post by T.J. Higgins
Post by martyn dawe
are there still parts of the USA which are DRY(no alcohol)>.
Yes.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state>
Dry areas are becoming less and less common as communities find
that their need for revenue outweighs their disdain for alcohol.
is it still illegal to carry alcohol across state lines, I believe
this was more to with protection local tax laws
It varies by state, but most if not all states allow you bring in
a small amount for "personal consumption."
--
TJH
tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
tomgc
2011-03-09 16:35:04 UTC
-
wrote:-
are there still parts of the USA which are DRY(no alcohol).-
Yes.
'Dry county - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county)
'List of dry communities by U.S. state - Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state)
Dry areas are becoming less and less common as communities find
that their need for revenue outweighs their disdain for alcohol.-
is it still illegal to carry alcohol across state lines, I believe
this was more to with protection local tax laws-
It varies by state, but most if not all states allow you bring in
a small amount for "personal consumption."
--
TJH
tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
I was in the outer banks NC & a couple of counties were dry - but you
could get a beer with a meal
--
tomgc